Seven Area Men to be Ordained Saturday
Seven men will be ordained priests this Saturday for the Diocese of Covington and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Four men will be ordained by Bishop Foys for the Diocese of Covington at 10 am in St. Mary’s Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption. At 11 am, three men will be ordained by Archbishiop Dennis Schnurr at the Cathedral of St. Peter in Chains.
The ordination Masses are open to all. The men and their home parishes are listed below.
For the Diocese of Covington:
- Deacon Michael Black (no home parish)
- Deacon Eric Boelscher (Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Burlington)
- Deacon Daniel Kluge (no home parish)
- Deacon Andrew Young (St. Patrick Church, Maysville)
A reception will follow at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center, (Covington).
For the Archdiocese of Cincinnati:
- Deacon Adrian Hilton (Old St. Mary’s Church, Cincinnati)
- Deacon Ethan Moore (Sacred Heart Church, McCartyville)
- Deacon Eric Wood (St. Denis Church, Versailles)
A reception will follow in the Cathedral Undercroft.
An eighth seminarian with a local connection, Deacon Paul Schreiner, will be ordained later this month for the Diocese of Toledo (OH). He completed his studies at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary of the West in Cincinnati this spring.
For more Catholic events, see our Events page.
If you’ve enjoyed this story, please share it. To get local Catholic news, features and photos every day in your inbox, subscribe in the box at the top of every page or send a request to TheCatholicBeat@gmail.com.