La Salle Soccer Team Receive National Academic Award
The National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) awarded La Salle High School’s varsity soccer team its High School Boys Team Academic Award for 2012.
To earn that honor, varsity soccer teams must have attained a cumulative team grade point average of at least 3.25 on a 4 point scale. La Salle’s team GPA was 3.37.
Last year, the team received All-Ohio Academic Honors for the fall 2011 season from the Ohio Scholastic Soccer Coaches Association (OSSCA).
Current students who were members of the fall 2011 team, and thus were honored both times, are:
- Senior Jake Eisenacher of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Bridgetown
- Seniors Jason Loxterkamp, C.J. Seig, Andrew Wood and John Volmer of St. Ignatius Loyola
- Senior Alex Murphy of St. John the Baptist-Harrison
- Junior Jacob Whyle, who attended Our Lady of Grace School in Groesbeck
- Junior Matthew Henkes of St. James the Greater, White Oak
Members of the team who graduated in 2012 are Sam Brickweg of Assumption, Mt. Healthy; Bryan Allaben and Evan Ginn of St. Ignatius Loyola; Steven Looby and Samuel Tegge of St. James the Greater, White Oak; Cody Frey of St. John the Baptist-Dry Ridge; Robby Herbert of St. Martin of Tours, Cheviot, and Mack Robinson of St. Therese-Little Flower, Mt. Airy.
A Christian Brothers School, La Salle is an all-male, college preparatory school in Mt. Airy (OH)rooted in the teachings of St. John Baptist de La Salle.
Photo courtesy La Salle High School.
Please use the “share” buttons to forward this story to friends — and please subscribe at the box at the top of the page to get our stories daily in your inbox.