The Catholic Beat is your source for news about Greater Cincinnati Catholic people, places, and events. Affiliated with Sacred Heart Radio, we serve listeners in the tristate area, strengthening and building the local Catholic culture through new media. Our focus is not “liberal” or “conservative,” it is faithful. We strive to share and celebrate Catholic life with our neighbors, for our mutual benefit and for the greater glory of God. We are many churches, but one Church: Let’s get to know each other!
Reporter/Senior Editor Gail D. Finke is a journalist with years of experience in newspapers, magazines, radio blogs, and community online newsletters. An award-winning writer and the author of 13 books, she is fascinated by all things Catholic. She lives in Cincinnati with her husband and two children.
For all our past stories: Click through our archives in the right column.
To see all our feature photos: click on “photos” in the lower menu.
For all Rita’s Recipes: click here.
- Got a question or a story idea? Email them to TheCatholicBeat@gmail.com.
- Sign up for a daily email digest of our stories at the box at the top of every page.
- See our Facebook Page, and sign up for my Twitter feed @gailfinke (only a few posts a day, I promise).
- Yes, we have a Pinterest page too!
- New to The Catholic Beat? Look around! Here is a list recent top posts:
We’d love to hear from you!
1) Please add The Catholic Beat to your PR list. If you don’t have a PR list, then start one and make us your first contact! Send your event information and news to TheCatholicBeat@gmail.com.
2) Please send information about upcoming events as far in advance as you have it, and send roundups and photos of concluded events as soon as you have them. We reserve the right to edit all copy sent in, and remind you that, much as we’d like to, we can’t publish everything.
3) Include contact information (including a phone number) and everything else people want to know, especially:
- the name of your parish or organization
- all relevant dates and times, web sites
- WHAT happened
- WHERE it happened, and
- WHY it happened.
4) Don’t bother to use special typefaces, just send in plain information. And don’t forget to send a few photos!
5) We’re especially interested in what makes your news different or unique. What is special about your festival? What unique traditions does your school have? Is your organization the first of its kind? The oldest? The biggest? The smallest? What makes you YOU?
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
I DECLARE THAT I HAVE NO INTENT TO ACKNOWLEDGE, DISTRIBUTE OR ENCOURAGE ANYTHING CONTRARY TO SACRED SCRIPTURE, SACRED TRADITION AND THE TEACHINGS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THE APOSTOLIC SEE. I SUBMIT MYSELF AND ALL THE CONTENTS OF THIS BLOG TO THE JUDGMENT OF THE CHURCH. +JMJ+